Everyone is welcome to join Scouting, and Scouts Australia offers adults aged 18 years and over a host of rewarding opportunities to help make a difference in young people’s lives.
You’re never too old to join the adventurous life of Scouting, even if you haven’t been involved before.
Adult volunteers are the backbone of Scouting, who care about the guidance and development of the young people as well as the community in which they live.
There are a number of ways adults can get involved in Scouting. You could become:
- A Scout Leader responsible for helping to devise and deliver programs that support young people in reaching their potential.
- A Scout Leader responsible for leading and training our Adult Volunteer leaders.
- A local Scout Group Committee member.
- Specialist Activity Leaders.
- A Supporter lending general assistance or helping to fundraise.